Well Samuel arrived on Friday, May 6 at 10:15am. He weighed 8 lbs. 6 oz. and was a healthy bundle of joy. My labor and delivery were fairly easily. We went in actually on Thursday May 5th but the hospital was very busy. So we were left in a room to wait it out pretty much until the next morning. The next morning Dr. T came in and broke my water and started Pitocin. He picked on the nurse a little later when she told him she was going ahead and getting my epidural in. I actually told her to wait a little longer but she told me I was progressing fast and that I was already a 6 easily. My pain was really not that bad but I got the epidural soon. However I was afraid it would be like Nathan and I was correct. The epidural knocked by BP down to 50 and I was very sleepy. They gave me BP meds in my IV and a shot instantly and after throwing up I felt better. However my epidural also did not take correctly. I found myself numb from the waist up and felt like I had an elephant on me. My nurse would not give me the epidural meds since my BP went down and so in a matter of 40 minutes from getting the epidural Samuel was here. So I delivered him naturally which honestly was not as bad as I had feared. Ok so I told Charlie I was done at one point and they could figure out how to get him there but I kept on. He is such a joy. He was in the hospital longer due to some jaundice issues but was fine other than that. We love him so much and honestly we feel more complete with him here. However on July 2nd he had to be taken quickly to the hospital with a high fever of 101.6. Since he was not 2 months old they were very concerned as was we. They took blood, did a chest xray, a sonogram of his belly and a spinal tap. I was so emotional it was so scary. He had to get an IV and was started instantly on 2 different antibiotics. He was found to have a staph bacteria in his blood. We were in the hospital until the following Thursday. He is doing a lot better now and it made me realize how much I love my kids and want them here with me as well as with me eternally forever. I am so glad for that.
Sunday, July 17, 2011
Samuel's Here
Well Samuel arrived on Friday, May 6 at 10:15am. He weighed 8 lbs. 6 oz. and was a healthy bundle of joy. My labor and delivery were fairly easily. We went in actually on Thursday May 5th but the hospital was very busy. So we were left in a room to wait it out pretty much until the next morning. The next morning Dr. T came in and broke my water and started Pitocin. He picked on the nurse a little later when she told him she was going ahead and getting my epidural in. I actually told her to wait a little longer but she told me I was progressing fast and that I was already a 6 easily. My pain was really not that bad but I got the epidural soon. However I was afraid it would be like Nathan and I was correct. The epidural knocked by BP down to 50 and I was very sleepy. They gave me BP meds in my IV and a shot instantly and after throwing up I felt better. However my epidural also did not take correctly. I found myself numb from the waist up and felt like I had an elephant on me. My nurse would not give me the epidural meds since my BP went down and so in a matter of 40 minutes from getting the epidural Samuel was here. So I delivered him naturally which honestly was not as bad as I had feared. Ok so I told Charlie I was done at one point and they could figure out how to get him there but I kept on. He is such a joy. He was in the hospital longer due to some jaundice issues but was fine other than that. We love him so much and honestly we feel more complete with him here. However on July 2nd he had to be taken quickly to the hospital with a high fever of 101.6. Since he was not 2 months old they were very concerned as was we. They took blood, did a chest xray, a sonogram of his belly and a spinal tap. I was so emotional it was so scary. He had to get an IV and was started instantly on 2 different antibiotics. He was found to have a staph bacteria in his blood. We were in the hospital until the following Thursday. He is doing a lot better now and it made me realize how much I love my kids and want them here with me as well as with me eternally forever. I am so glad for that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment